Sign in to follow this  
axelutz

[MUSIC] International Music News

Here we will post by reply all news that contains every type of details/informations/things about Music World.

~ Rules:

- Do not make double-post
- You can post freely at 24 hours time interval ( if didn't anyone else didn't posted after your last )
- Every post must contain a conclusive title, photo/photos, details about the news and a source which inspired you

• Like 1

Zayn Sounds Happy On 'Better' — And Looks Like A Million Bucks In The Video

A day after announcing that he and Gigi Hadid have welcomed a baby daughter into the world, Zayn has welcomed another creation into this earthly realm: his latest single, "Better," a lovely slice of R&B pop anchored by Z's massive, massive voice.

The breezy, endearing song debuted alongside a sparse but stately video, where the heavily tattooed new daddy Zaddy dresses himself in fine menswear and stares moodily out the window of a nice house — all while he's being spied on. Like a celebrity. Or an actual spy.
As Zayn sings with red highlighted hair, "Your dad probably loves me more than he ever did now / 'Cause I finally got out / Yeah, we finally knocked down," there's a palpable air of second chances throughout "Better," and it's tempting to read his on-and-off relationship with Hadid into it, especially now, given their new beginning as parents.

mgid-ao-image-mtv-com-694837.jpg

On the simple cooing pre-chorus, Zayn repeats "I love you" over some thoroughly nocturnal and subterranean guitar lines. In the video, he does little more than slowly put on a shirt and a jacket while delivering the song's climbing melody, but it's Zayn, so it's worth watching.

"Better" is the first new bit of music from Zayn since last year's "Trampoline" remix with SHAED and "Flames" alongside R3hab and Jungleboi. His most recent album, Icarus Falls, dropped at the end of 2018.
If 2020 is indeed the start of some new chapters for Zayn — both in his music career and his own family — then things seem to be going quite well. Check out "Better" above.

Check the song here.

source: mtv.com

Demi Lovato to perform at 2020 Billboard Music Awards

Demi Lovato. Picture: Instagram

Demi Lovato is set to give the "world premiere performance" of a new song at the 2020 Billboard Music Awards on October 14.

The “Confident” singer has been confirmed as one of the performers for the upcoming ceremony on October 14, along with Sia and En Vogue.

As per Billboard, Demi is set to give "a world premiere performance of a new song".

The news comes hot off the heels of the pop megastar releasing breakup ballad 'Still Have Me', a week after she broke off her engagement to Max Ehrich.

Demi tweeted: "YOU GUYS!! I'm performing at the

@BBMAs.Make sure to tune in on October 14th at 8/7c on NBC! #BBMAs (sic)"

Australian superstar Sia is billed to perform her new single, “Courage to Change”, while legendary girl group En Vogue will mark the 30th anniversary of their 1992 hit “Free Your Mind”.

The virtual event, which will be hosted by Kelly Clarkson, will also see performances from the likes of Alicia Keys, Bad Bunny, Luke Combs, and Post Malone.

The latter leads the nominations with 16 nods, including the prestigious Top Artist award, which he will contest against Billie Eilish and Khalid - who both received 12 nominations - as well as Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift.

“Old Town Road” hitmaker Lil Nas X follows him with 13 nominations, including in the Top Male Artist category, for which Post is also shortlisted along with DaBaby, Khalid, and Ed Sheeran.

Top Female Artist will be contested by Billie, Taylor, Ariana Grande, Lizzo and Halsey, and BTS, Dan + Shay, Jonas Brothers, Maroon 5 and Panic! At The Disco will fight it out for Top Duo/Group.

The prestigious Top Billboard 200 Album accolade will go to either Billie for “when we all fall asleep, where do we go?”, Ariana for “thank u, next”, “Free Spirit” by Khalid, Post's “Hollywood's Bleeding” or Taylor's “Lover“.

click here for inspiration link

Sam Smith's first ever gig was in 'pub-hotel'

Sam Smith. Picture: Instagram

Sam Smith has reflected on their first ever live gig in a "pub-hotel" backed by some schoolmates.

The “Stay With Me” hitmaker rose to fame after featuring on Disclosure's hit “Latch in 2012 before releasing their debut solo album ”In The Lonely Hour“ two years later, and Sam has reflected on their early experiences playing for a live crowd.

In an interview airing on Friday's episode of “Later With Jools Holland”, they said: "I did my first gig in a pub-hotel.

“I wrote some songs on the piano and I had some guys from school and a harp player from school backing me.

“We’d go around and play open mic nights all around Hertfordshire, where I grew up, and we just kept doing that.

“We used to have a little amp that we would bring and just sing. It wasn’t very good at all.”

Meanwhile, Sam has recalled actually winning a talent show years before their big break as they triumphed on a French campsite.

They added: "I actually won a talent show once. Have you ever heard of Canvas Camping in France? I won a talent show singing 'Heroes' by Mariah Carey with no music.

"It was in front of all the British travellers out there. I think I won my mum free drinks at the bar.”

Years later, Sam will be playing a virtual gig from Abbey Road Studios on October 30 which will see them perform songs from their upcoming album “Love Goes”, which is released that day.

In a note to their fans on their mailing list, Sam announced: "I am so so excited to announce a one off show at the iconic Abbey Road Studios on October 30th to celebrate my new album 'Love Goes' in partnership with American Express.

"I'll be joined by my incredible band for a full set with both new and old songs, and it's the only time you'll be able to see me perform live this year."

The “How Do You Sleep?” singer delayed the release of their third studio album due to the coronavirus pandemic and decided to change the name of the LP from 'To Die For', because they were uncomfortable having the word "die" in the name amid the global health crisis.

click for the source

Post Malone wins big at Billboard Music Awards with 9 prizes

Post Malone accepts the top artist award at the Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Picture: AP Photo/Chris Pizzello

Post Malone won big at the Billboard Music Awards, taking home nine prizes, including Top Male Artist, Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Hot 100 Artist.

The 25-year-old singer won the main Top Artist prize as well as Top Male Artist, Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Hot 100 Artist, Top Streaming Songs Artist, and Top Rap Artist, as the ceremony took place on Wednesday night at Los Angeles' Hollywood's Dolby Theatre, where there was no audience due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Malone beat off competition from Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers and Khalid to be named Top Artist, and he was "floored" by the recognition.

Host Kelly Clarkson pushed the accolade in his direction, because she wasn't allowed to hand it to him due to Covid-19 social distancing guidelines.

He said: "I'm honestly blown away, just by the love that everybody has shown to me, and honestly, I appreciate it more than I could ever express and it's kind of a big deal for me, you know, and everybody involved because we work ... we work our a**** off.

"We just try our best every day and, honestly, to be able to reach out to people who might, you know, not have anybody to turn to and just be able to reach out and show everybody that they're not alone, and music can bring everybody together, it's absolutely incredible."I just want to say, thank you so very much, ladies and gentlemen.

"I'm blown away. I'm floored."

While Billie missed out on the Top Artist prize, she had a successful night, winning Top New Artist, Top Female Artist, and Top Billboard 200 Album for “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”.

Nicole Richie presented her with the album prize - which she won over Ariana Grande, Khalid, Taylor, and Malone - and a face mask-wearing Billie said: "Oh, gosh. Oh, this is heavy.

"Thank you, Nicole. Thank you guys so much. This is amazing.

"I wanted to say, thank you to the fans, thank you for believing in me and caring about me still, I don't know why you do. I also want to say that I never, ever take these for granted.

"It is always a shock when I win anything at all.

"Thank you, Billboard thank you, guys. I love you thank you, thank you, thank you, mwah."

click to read more

Ariana Grande drops new single 'positions'

Ariana Grande. Picture: YouTube screenshot

Ariana Grande has released the first track from her upcoming sixth studio album, “positions”, and the David Meyers-directed music video.

After several teasers, the pop megastar has dropped the lead single from her eagerly-awaited sixth studio album.

The first taste of her follow-up to 2019's “thank u, next” is a slow burner with Ariana’s signature harmonies.

As well as the track, the “Rain On Me” star served up a fierce music video directed by Dave Meyers, in which she becomes the President of the United States.

In recent weeks, the “Dangerous Woman” hitmaker has been urging her fans to vote in the upcoming presidential election on November 3, while also giving updates on her LP.

Earlier this month, she wrote on Instagram: "turning in these mixes and reminding u again to register to vote if u haven’t already / to vote early. (sic)"

The “7 rings” singer later revealed that her new record, the title of which is not yet known, will arrive "this month", whilst she also launched a countdown timer to October 30.

Ariana had tweeted: "i can’t wait to give u my album this month (sic)"

Meanwhile, fans are still waiting on the Grammy-winner's collaboration with Doja Cat.

Ariana previously teased the duet between the pair and gushed about how in awe she is of the “Say So” hitmaker.

She said: "I'm obsessed with her. I love her.

"I was able to work with her earlier this year on this song that I want to save for whenever it's time again, to drop.

"But I love her so much. I love her personality.

"I love what she brings to the table musically.

"She's just such a breath of fresh air.

"I think she's brilliant and so talented.

"And she produces, and she does everything herself.

"I love that. It's fantastic.

"We did this song together towards the end of last year and I love it so much.

"I remember when I first wrote it and sent it to her, she was in the shower and she was like, 'B**ch, I love this. I'm in the shower.'

"And I was like, 'Shower. You can call me back.'"

click to read more

Drake breaks chart record he previously held with Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder                               Drake. Picture: Instagram

Drake has broken a Billboard chart record he previously held with Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder.

The hip-hop icon's Lil Durk-featuring hit “Laugh Now Cry Later” has become his 21st song to top the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in the US.

This means he's broken the record he previously shared with the late Queen of Soul and the “Superstition” hitmaker.

“Laugh Now Cry Later” is featured on Drake's upcoming album, “Certified Lover Boy”, which he recently revealed is set to for release in January.

The “God's Plan” hitmaker hasn't released an album since 2018's “Scorpion”, but back in December he teased he was "finishing up" his record.

While performing as a special guest to DaBaby at his home city's REBEL nightclub, he congratulated the “Suge” hitmaker on his success, and gave fans an update on the progress of his long-awaited LP.

He said: "Look, we don't say this to each other enough as rappers, but I wanted to say congratulations.

"You killin' this s***."

After embracing the hip-hop star, the “In My Feelings” hitmaker told the crowd: "I love you with all my heart.

"I'mma go back to the crib and try to finish this album up so we can turn up 2020."

“Certified Lover Boy” will be Drake's sixth studio album, following the likes of his debut 'Thank Me Later', which dropped in 2010, and 2016's “Views”.

click here to read more

LADY GAGA SENDS A HUG, CARDI B IS STRESSED, AND MORE CELEB REACTIONS TO THE 2020 ELECTION

Here's a helpful reminder: The 2020 presidential election is far from decided. As of this writing, the race between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden looks to hinge on three battleground states, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. But zoomed out, a total of 3 million ballots have yet to be counted in seven key states, per The New York Times — and as of 2 a.m. ET on Wednesday (November 4), some states had not even begun to report their early vote tallies at all, according to the Vote Early Day initiative.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:695378?width=385&height=217&quality=.05&format=jpg

This kind of uncertainty makes for plenty of stress and anxiety, and it's extremely important to continue to take care of yourself as it continues. What might be comforting to know is that celebrities are dealing with this, too, and some are even choosing to post through it. Below, we've rounded up some of these notable reactions to show you that you're not alone.

Rihanna

https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/1324125650630766592

What she said.

Lady Gaga

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/1324016259466362880

In one of the strangest election years of our lifetimes, Lady Gaga is here to remind us to be patient, and that every vote matters. The pop star, who campaigned for Biden and Harris in Pittsburgh on Monday night with a performance of "Shallow" and "You and I," also sent everyone "a big hug," which just feels nice.

Janelle Monáe

https://twitter.com/JanelleMonae/status/1324026675009527809

Janelle Monáe, aka Cindi Mayweather, came through with a much-needed reminder that it's over until it's over. And it's not officially over until every vote is counted.

Demi Lovato

https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/1323995969743020034

The "Anyone" singer took to Twitter to express a common refrain: Given, well, everything that's happened since 2016 — and in particular given all the protests and marches that happened over the summer — how was the 2020 election a close battle? "I'm not losing hope. My faith is strong. Just very disappointed at how close this is," she continued in a follow-up tweet. "Like.... really y'all?"

Chrissy Teigen

https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1323819299270619137

In addition to the doomscroll-y content above, Teigen also tweeted a brief video showing her "stress cooking" with an avocado on the counter in front of her. The night before Election Day, Teigen appeared onstage with her husband, John Legend, at a Biden rally in Philadelphia.

Cardi B

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHJ3D0Xg7qE/

After throwing her support behind the Biden-Harris ticket ahead of the election, Cardi had no choice but to wordlessly puff on three cigarettes as she watched the returns — specifically, as she watched state after state go for Trump.

Halsey

https://twitter.com/halsey/status/1323892686764404737

In a series of tweets, Halsey — who had rubber bullets fired at her at a protest against racist violence over the summer — railed against the president for "skewing logic" as well as his threats to use the Supreme Court to put a stop to ballot counting in order to declare himself the winner.

Lili Reinhart

https://twitter.com/lilireinhart/status/1323833309470715905

Lili raises an extremely good point!!!

Lana Del Rey

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHJujcepg0Q/?utm_source=ig_embed

LDR spent Election Night at Denny's, enjoying a nice, socially distanced spread in a tent, tracking live updates via smartphone. Oh, and she slipped in some pertinent information for fans, namely that her forthcoming "folky" album, Chemtrails Over the Country Club, is delayed due to vinyl processing backups. But in the meantime, Lana's got you covered. "In the meantime, I'm gonna give you a digital record of American standards and classics for Christmas," she said, holding a Denny's coffee mug, "because I can't get the record plants to open 'til March 5." (She also clapped back at a fan who claimed she voted for Trump with a simple message: "Go. Fuxk. Yourself.")

Kanye West

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1323914087340781569

After apparently tweeting (and deleting) a message of "WELP" early Wednesday morning (November 4), the Independent presidential candidate seemed to concede his campaign — despite racking up a reported 60,000 votes — only to post a tweet looking forward to 2024. Four years is a long time. We'll see what happens.

Camila Cabello

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHME8m6p8wk/

Our latest glimpse of Tarzan does not disappoint.

Lily Collins

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHLrnd_JRvG/

Election = stress = dog pics. Not a bad formula.

click here to read more

Lil Nas X would love to collaborate with Doja Cat

Lil Nas X. Picture: Instagram

Lil Nas X has revealed his dream collaboration would be with “Say So” hitmaker Doja Cat and also spoken about setting the bar high with his viral mega-hit “Old Town Road”.

The “Panini” star was asked who his dream person to duet with would be after the likes of Billy Ray Cyrus and Diplo appeared on the remix of his viral country trap hit “Old Town Road”.

Speaking to James Charles' as he had his makeup done by the internet personality in a video on his YouTube channel, Lil Nas said: "I want to collaborate with Doja Cat.

"I think she's dope. She's incredible."

The 21-year-old Grammy-winner also spoke about setting the bar high with 'Old Town Road', but insisted he's "not worried" about finding his next big hit.

James asked the rapper: "Do you feel like that set a really hard standard early on?"

To which, he replied: "Definitely. It set the standard to where like a lot of people hold me to it like, 'He'll never have a song bigger than this.'

"It's like has anybody had a song bigger than this?

“I know I’m going to make a smash hit, so I’m not worried about it.”

Meanwhile, the “Holiday” star recently teased some of the song titles from his upcoming debut album.

Lil Nas X will host a virtual concert with Roblox

Lil Nas X is set to host a virtual concert with online gaming platform Roblox.

In September, the music star posted a piece of paper on his Instagram Stories with the song titles “Call Me By Your Name”, “One Of Me”, “Titanic”, and “Don't Want It” visible and others covered up with white correction fluid.

Whilst he had tweeted that he's “gonna start back releasing music soon the old town road money running out (sic)".

In July, the “Rodeo” hitmaker shared a snippet of “Call Me By Your Name”.

The rap sensation talks about a boy he's talking to for the first time on the song.

And he also pays homage to the blockbuster “Call Me By Your Name”, in which Timothee Chalamet's character Elio falls in love with Armie Hammer's American graduate student alter ego Oliver when he comes to his family's home in Italy to help him with his studies during the summer.

Prior to then, Lil Nas teased fans that his debut album is almost complete and announced he's working on a mixtape, plus he asked his followers to get involved with the latter release by sending him their beats via email.

click here to read more

• Like 1

Megan Thee Stallion, Taylor Swift & others honoured at Apple Music Awards

Megan Thee Stallion. Picture: Instagram

Apple announced the winners of the second annual Apple Music Awards, recognising the best and boldest musicians of 2020 and their enormous impact on global culture.

The awards honour achievements in music across five distinct categories, and winners are chosen through a process that reflects both Apple Music’s editorial perspective and what customers around the world are loving most.

The winners for global Artist of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, and Breakthrough Artist of the Year were hand-selected by Apple Music’s global editorial team and taste makers.

And the awards for Top Song of the Year and Top Album of the Year are based on streaming data that is reflective of what Apple Music subscribers have been listening to this year.

“The Apple Music Awards is our opportunity to recognize and honour the incredible artists who we feel have deeply impacted and inspired the world and our customers, and helped us feel connected through music this year,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats.

“We have an exciting week of music planned in December and are very much looking forward to celebrating together with these artists and their fans.”

Artist of the year went to Lil Baby fully arrived as one of hip-hop’s biggest names, with billions of global streams and multiple tracks from “My Turn” topping the Apple Music charts.

With his deeply moving and timely release, “The Bigger Picture,” he cemented his place as the indisputable, authentic voice of youth culture.

click here to read more

Cardi B makes AMAs history with 'WAP'

Cardi B. Picture: Instagram

Cardi B has become the first artist in AMAs history to win Favourite Song Rap/Hip Hop twice after being honoured with the accolade for her Megan Thee Stallion collaboration, “WAP”.

The 28-year-old rapper and Megan Thee Stallion took home the prize for their hit single, “WAP”.

The hip hop star had previously picked up the same accolade in 2018 for “Bodak Yellow”.

Cardi couldn't be in attendance at the ceremony held at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, due to a dental appointment.

However, the “I Like It” hitmaker celebrated her record-breaking win on social media and admitted she hadn't anticipated on winning an award, which is why she decided to get dental work done instead of hitting up the awards show.

She tweeted: “Thank you guys soooo much .Me and Meg really appreciate all the love from fans ,celebs everybody that supported the song .Also thanks for voting.

“Ugh if I would have known all this was going down today I would of rescheduled my dentist appointment.Im so swollen (sic)"

“Now I’m all f****** talking all crazy. But I just wanted to say thank you everybody. I love you so much.”

While Cardi was absent, Megan, 25, wowed with the debut performance of her self-love anthem, “Body“.

The “Savage” hitmaker was joined by a troupe of dancers as she belted out the feisty track from her acclaimed debut album, “Good News”, which was released on Friday.

click here for the original article